The prophecy of the end times has been a confusing
subject to most Christians. Yet this should not be so. God is not a God of
confusion, and the reason that there is so much confusion among believers is
that many teachers have brought in pre-conceived ideas and biases. This
seminar is built around a study of the book of the same title.
The seminar is presented in five parts:
- Foundations: This section lays the
groundwork--historically and scripturally--for the study of the
prophetic literature of the end times. Topics include:
- Prophecy and the future
- The "Day of the Lord" in the Old and New Testaments
- Historical doctrinal views on the return of Jesus
- The principles of literal interpretation of prophetic Scripture
- "A Cosmic Drama"-Revelation chapter 12
- The Seventy Weeks Prophecy in Daniel chapter 9
- The Timetable: The approach that is taken
here is to study each of the four primary prophetic passages:
Each of these four passages is considered on
its own without reference to the others, and then the four are combined and
compared to get an overall picture in a session entitled Putting It All Together.
- The revelation given to Daniel recorded in Daniel 9:26-27; 11:23-12:13;
- Jesus' teaching to the disciples in Matthew 24 and 25;
- Paul's teaching in I Thessalonians 4 and II Thessalonians 2;
- Jesus' revelation to John in Revelation 5 and 6; the first six seals
- The Antichrist: This section looks at the
characteristics of the one Paul calls "the man of lawlessness"
and John sees as the beast with seven heads and ten horns in Revelation.
It looks at possible clues as to his identity, how he operates, and his
empire. Within this section we look at:
- The Beast in Revelation
- The Beast's identity: Identifying the Ten Nations
- His objectives
- The Second Beast of Revelation 13
- The rise of the Antichrist
- The fall of the Antichrist
- The Day of the Lord: The day of the Lord is
that prophesied time when Jesus will come and bring judgment on the
world and His enemies.
- The seventh seal
- The first six trumpets of God's judgement
- An interlude-Revelation 10:1-11:15
- The redemption of Israel
- The "Mystery of God"
- The seventh trumpet: the seven bowls of God's wrath
- Jesus returns to earth in victory
- A period of restoration
- The Millennial Kingdom
- Discerning the Times: This section seeks to get
some insight into where we stand in God's plan and answer some
questions: Is Israel the fulfillment of scripture? How close are we?
Seminar materials include a 36 page workbook for each
participant, and the accompanying texts are available for those who want to
explore the subjects in more detail.
It is presented in a straightforward manner that can
be understood by all. Click here to
obtain more information.
If you are interested in the ministry of Dr. Sweger you can contact him using the
web page or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
©Copyright 2009 by Dr. Daniel M. Sweger, IHS Ministries.
The contents of this website may be used for non-commercial purposes without
permission provided credit is given and a link is provided to this website.
For comments on this website contact:
Check out The Bible Learning Center website!
Have you attended this seminar? I invite you, and even encourage you, to email me any comments you have.
Just click on this button:
Comments may be posted.